Last night around 9pm, I walked through the rain from the bus to the Steamboat KOA showers, and – let me tell you – it was by far the best shower I’ve ever taken. Yes, there was mold growing on the ceiling, hair in the drain, and tiles falling off the walls, but it felt like pure luxury. Yesterday is by far the dirtiest, most beat up version of myself that I’ve ever been. Since my last shower (at an RV park in Jackson last Monday) we,
- Enjoyed a few campfire nights
- Endured a few rainstorms
- Mountain biked all over Jackson, including the time I crashed and scratched my face up
- Drove from Jackson, WY to Pinedale, WY (~2h)
- Backpacked in to the Wind River Range for two nights
- Drove from Pinedale, WY to Steamboat Springs, CO (~6h)
Before this adventure I’d always been a once-a-day shower kind of girl, but bus life has shown me that sometimes life is better when you embrace the dirt between your toes.
The bus is a mess and every item of clothing we own is dirty. However, it’s the best kind of crazy. I’m stoked to share all of our photos and memories over the next few days, but for now I’m just going to try to get our world back in order… starting with 3 loads of laundry at the KOA laundromat!